- Lenders and borrowers on loan transactions, security agreements, promissory notes, guarantees, mortgages and mortgage foreclosures;
- Associations and property owners on condominium and homeowners dues and assessements;
- Contractor and property owners on construction contract issues; and
- Breach of residential and commercial leases, including non-payment of rent.
Loan and Related Transactions
Alford & Alford can assist you in your credit transactions from inception to collection, for borrowers and creditors alike. Contact Alford & Alford for guidance on the terms your financial documents should include. Alford & Alford is also approved counsel for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Condominium and Homeowners Associations: For collection of condo and homeowners dues, see our page dedicated to condominium and homeowners associations.
Contractors are granted lien rights that only a few others are similarly afforded. This creates a unique contractual relationship between contractors and property owners.
We assist clients on such issues as litigation, garnishments, property seizure and lien enforcement.
Alford & Alford also conducts closings for financing transactions for vessels. These closings involve different procedures and ownership research than real estate transactions.
We’d be glad to mail any of the following pamphlets to you. Just send us an email with “legal pamphlets” in the subject line. Before sure to include your name and address and title of the pamphlet. We won’t add you to our email list for our firm newsletter unless you sign up for it on this website.
- When You Can’t Pay Your Debts
- Equal Credit Opportunity
- Identity Theft-What Can You Do to Protect Yourself?
- What You Should Know About Identity Theft
- Gathering Your Personal Information & Documents with a Personal Organizer
- What You Should Know About Your Legal Health